Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas Joy!

I usually don't like this time of year. Partly because it starts to get cold. And the days seem shorter. But mostly because of the manufactured joy! Right around Thanksgiving the Christmas songs start playing on the radio and it begins. Everyone starts to put a "joker-esque" smile on their face and is eager to great you with a "Merry Christmas" or a "Happy Holidays" (I am not going there about that comment!). While just a few weeks before they simply gave a terse smile. I always seem to struggle through the first part of December!

I found something this Christmas that is just amazing. It is a DVD that tells of the Star of Bethlehem. ( http://www.bethlehemstar.net/ ) It explains the wonders that the star proclaimed Jesus birth. This has brought me JOY.

Joy is not manufactured from false attitudes but from knowing that there is a God (who is a lot smarter than me!) who has complete control, who is loving and who is incredibly gracious! So this year I will look to the stars for my joy, because God has declared His wonders through them!

No comments: