Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas Letter

Every year I always think about writing one of those year in review letters to all of my friends and family. This year as I thought about what I would say I came to a conclusion. Every month this past year there has been an event or happening that was incredibly distressing or upsetting. Even though there has been a lot of good along the way, for the most part this has been an incredibly difficult year for us.

But I also saw something else this past year. I saw my friends and family standing beside us through it all.

And so this year’s letter is a letter of gratitude. To all of you who listened to my tears (and occasional whine)…thank you. To all of you who took my kids for a day or evening… thank you. To all of you who brought us food…thank you. To all of you who gave us clothing for our children…thank you. To all of you who were patient with us…thank you. To all of you who encouraged us…thank you. To all who stood beside us along the way…thank you, thank you, thank you!

We could not have survived this year without you!
May your Christmas and New Year be blessed!
Love, The O’Briens

No comments: