Monday, January 7, 2008

Big Butts...

When I originally started this blog, I thought it would be rather serious. But my children just give me to much fodder to write about. Here is one piece of tidbit that I must share. A teacher at school had to tell me this.

My oldest son Trey, 10, was in an art class and they were drawing black widows. The teacher was explaining the difference about the male and female, the hourglass, etc. My son drew a picture of the spider. She asked him if it was a male or female. He said female. She said how can you tell? He said, "Because it has a big butt. And females have big butts." I thought it was very funny, because most of the females in his familly have big butts, so it is only natural to assume that you are not a woman unless you have a big butt. I am simultaneously pleased and not so pleased with this. I am happy because he has not bought into our cultures view of perfection. I am not so pleased because, frankly, I am a "female in his family".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha ha!!! well...don't be sad that you have a big butt. be proud! i am! :) that is really funny. how are things?