Thursday, January 31, 2008

God Of Abundance

Last night I was reminded of a trait of God. He is a God of abundance. I am reminded of this through the story of Jesus feeding the 5000. After feeding these people with only some fish and bread, there were twelve baskets leftover. God knew how much food would feed these people. Yet he chose to have leftovers. This little tidbit of information is put into scripture to illustrate God's complete and abundant provision.

This is a comfort to me. There are times in my life that I forget how big God really is. I put him in my version of reality, instead of allowing him to feed the masses with a small lunch. He is able to do so much more than I can even imagine! Yet I hold on to my life protecting it and guarding it, and from what? The God of abundance?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great reminder. thanks.