Saturday, November 22, 2008

Summer is 2!


Today is Summer's Birthday! She is 2 years old! We adopted her last year on November 17 and had a huge celebration for her adoption and birthday all in one! This year we just had a quiet celebration and then we will celebrate with family on Thanksgiving, because I know I will not be able to do that in the future.

So here is where I brag about my Summer. As many know she had a rough beginning of her life. She is a survivor baby. Anyone who has had a struggling preemie or an infant with health issues understands what I am talking about. She is incredibly persistent and, even though I do not like the word, strong-willed. I have to remind myself it is those characteristics that kept her alive. She loves her brothers and I think she thinks she is one of the boys, because she does not want to wear a shirt around the house anymore, just like her brothers.

She brings life to our house and I can not wait to see what God has in store for my strong child!

Of course I had to make a pink cake with pink icing!



No comments: