Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Star

Psalm 19:1-2-"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge."

We watched The Star of Bethlehem movie last night at church. I am again amazed at the wonder of God. For those who have not seen it, there is man that has made it his mission to explain the Star of Bethlehem. What impacted me was that God set the stars in motion at the beginning of creation with the thought of Christ's birth and resurrection. He set the stars in the sky to ring out the birth of His son before he even created man. And He also set into motion the heavens to mourn his death.

My God has created all things to proclaim His glory. And it is when we deviate from that plan that there is pain and suffering. But those who are called by His name and bear His Spirit in our very being can no more ignore His glory than change the course of the stars in the sky. We and all of creation bear the very fingerprint of God and we have only to open our eyes and see His majesty! My God is more, so much more than I could ever dream or imagine. I wish I had the words to express the greatness of Him!

No comments: