Thursday, July 24, 2008

Summer Time!

I love having girls around! For a long time, this was a testosterone saturated house. But now we have girls! And I love it! Not that I did not like the boy house, but now there is balance to the force!

Here is my girly story! While the boys were away at camp, the girls and I went to Stuff-Mart to get a few things, mainly to get out of the house. Since I did not have to rush back home, we meandered through the purse section. And if any of you know me well, you know I LOVE PURSES, bags, etc.! I am not sure why, I am sure I may have some kind of psychological dysfunction, but until there is a cure I will enjoy my abnormal attachments! So here we are in the purse section and there was this cute little purse for Summer. I took it off the shelf and showed it to her! And to my delight she did the following. She took it in her cute, chubby 19 month old hand and lifted it up to peer at the outside of the purse! Pondering the fabric and design. Then she brought it in close to inspect the inside, opening the mouth of the accessory, as if she had done this so many times. After the inside passed inspection, she slung it over her shoulder to make sure it felt right! After every thing seemed to be adequate, she smiled and pointed to another purse on the shelf! My heart lifted with joy at this momentous occasion! And everything seemed right with the world! My goodness that was so fun!


(Please notice sunglasses, necklaces and "shell" phone! And,no, I did not stage her, this is her usual attire. The only thing missing is the flip-flops. Because we don't wear shoes in Florida, dress up consists of flip-flops!)

No comments: