Friday, October 31, 2008

Shoes

I learn so much about God from my children. They do things that make me absolutely crazy and then I think about how God sees his children.

The other day I learned something from my two-year-old. She is quite the little challenge. She is a survivor baby, so she is incredibly persevering. It seems as if I am learning a lot from her lately. Not going into the whys of that right now!

My dear child loves shoes. So she found dad's running shoes and put them on and started walking with them. The problem was her little feet are two small to fill daddy's shoes, so as she tried to walk she kept stumbling and falling. As she stumbled she dug in more, getting angrier with every step, whining and yelling all the way. Finally giving up and abandoning the way too big shoes, she ran over to me and hit me out of sheer frustration.

I sat there in amazement as I saw myself. I try to wear His shoes, worrying over my path, whining the whole way because it is not working like I had imagined. And then getting mad at him for the frustration of my walk.

I just held her in my arms, comforting her. Knowing that even when we get mad at God, he still takes us in and comforts us.

God is amazing and full of grace!

No comments: