Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Into the great Unknown!

Well, I have finally done it! I have made the leap of faith and journeying into the great unknown. I have sent off the letter that will tell the School Board that I am homeschooling my boys! Yes, you read correctly! I will be homeschooling all three boys, with two little ones under foot. This is something I have been thinking about for a long time!

I have one child that is incredibly excited about this, one who is cautiously optimistic, and one that is royally ticked off. This should be fun! But seriously I am excited about this new step in our family journey. I have prayed about this for awhile! I am scared, but more of that excited kind of scared! You know the kind that makes you have butterflies, knowing it will be tough but at the same time worth it (I hope!).

I have had a wonderful woman give me a lot of curriculum and resources that are wonderful (her youngest child is about four years older than Trey). She has been a godsend, not only providing me with these things but encouraging me as well.

So, please say a prayer for me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and GOOD LUCK!
we started monday. I'm exhausted already.

Phat Mama V said...

I thought you homeschooled while here in Jax? Granted, back then it was a much younger three boys. Anywho, I am more than positive you will love it. I cant imagine not sharing this experience with Alex all these years. I am here if you ever need any encouragement. We start our stuff the second week of September...so I am going to try and enjoy a few more weeks of free schedules :)

Christie said...

I must say a special Thank you to think pink Dana. You helped me navigate through my initial fears more than you can imagine! I hope my boys are as well "schooled" as your girls! Thank you!

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

YEAH! Homeschooling is incredible. Just remember on the hard days that nothing has to be perfect. :) Sometimes you just have to survive it. :)