Sunday, August 3, 2008

Transitions

I really don't like transitions. The thing is I don't mind change. In fact I kind of like change, but I like it on my own terms. But right now I feel like I am in a kind of spiritual transition. I am not sure how to explain it! I feel like I am growing out of my old shell and I feel incredibly vulnerable. I want to hide myself away until I can figure out what my new shell is going to look like.

I did some research about this process in the animal world. When hermit crabs molt, they bury themselves in the sand, because they are vulnerable to attacks from other hermit crabs. After reading this I was kind of relieved, because that is exactly what I want to do. And this is a natural process, to grow and develop a new shell. What I have noticed is that those around me don't understand this process so they are pressing in on me to "make sure I am OK". I am OK, just growing a new shell!

I wonder what it will look like! I hope it is pretty!

No comments: