Thursday, November 15, 2007

God's Version

"We cannot earn what we have always had. What we can do is trust that what God keeps insisting is true about us is actually true." This quote is from Rob Bell's book Velvet Elvis. I read it this morning and it captured me. There are a lot of things that God says about his people in the bible. He says that we are loved, forgiven, sons and daughters of the King, and I could go on and on about all of these fabulous thngs. Then, why is it we choose to believe all of the negative things about us. "Our choice becomes this: We can trust his retelling of the story, or we can trust our telling of the story. It is a choice we make every day about the reality we are going to live in." I want my children to live in the reality of God's love, so I know that God wants the same for me. We tend to focus our energy on the negative instead of basking in the absolute beauty of His love for us. What good comes out of not accepting his love? What good do we gain from not accepting the grace in abundance that He so gently offers to us? Today I will believe what God is saying about his people.

No comments: