Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Grateful Choices

I think there are a lot of churched people who have a problem with this whole paradise thing. They would say something about "This not being our true home" or "This is a fallen world we live in". But God has really been working on me about how truly blessed we are in America. Like many people, I here this said and it really doesn't sink in. I become so immune to this American lifestyle and litany of complaints that I am not fully aware of the beauty we live in.

Well, God showed me something this week that has made an impact. I watched a movie titled "Born in the Brothels". It is about the children of the "sex workers" in Calcutta, India. These children are scorned by society because of who they are. They are byproducts of their parents industry. And more than likely will end up in the same occupation. And yet they have hope that they will escape the sex trade.

So today I am grateful that my biggest choice will be what to buy at the grocery store. Instead of, should I sell my eleven year old daughter to the brothel in order to feed my family.

No comments: