Monday, November 26, 2007

Striking the Ground!

"Take the arrows...Strike the ground." He struck it three times and stopped. The man of God was angry with him and said, "You should have struck the ground five or six times." (2 Kings 13:18-19). These words have really made me think. He could have received more of God's blessing if he had struck the ground more. How often do we limit God because we are not willing to ask him for more. He wants to bless us in abundance but yet we don't ask him. I do not want to limit him in any way in my life, yet I do.

This idea blows me away. Oh how we limit the power that God has given us. We tend to cower when crises come our way( James 1). We would rather fear evil than stand up to it Romans 16:18-20). When will we understand the limitless power of our God. He has given us the Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven and we have tied it on a shoestring hanging around our neck. Use it!!!!!

No comments: