Wednesday, May 21, 2008

And the truth shall set you free

I had a conversation today with a friend. We were kind of griping about this whole ministry stuff. And it occurred to me, do you really ever know someone? You see, for the most part, everyone puts on a good front in the presence of the pastor/wife/staff. So it is really hard to know what is the truth. I think I understand why people do this but it still bothers me. Like my mom always said, everyone puts their pants on one leg at a time. Everyone has their struggles, some are just better at disguising them! But sooner or later the truth will come out. And I think it is only when we are honest with our struggles that we begin to find healing and restoration.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a good, honest friend.

Phat Mama V said...

Hey, I found you online...I dont know if you remember me from Starratt Road, Val Tupper. Hey whats up! Your boys look so grown up! Tell Robbie I said hey!