Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Some Days...

Sunday was one of those days. You know the kind I mean. The kind where you swear your children have been replaced by an evil entity. And then I started taking everything away from them. And I actually told them that the only thing I was required by law to give them was food and shelter and they should be glad they are getting that. And this was all before we left for church. It was not a pretty scene..me included.

And then Monday came. And there was joy and peace and feelings of good tidings. We played in the pool and laughed and even cooked dinner together. What changed I am not sure. They were still the children I banished from all electronic media on Sunday and I was still the crazy irrational mom. And then I realized some days just suck but then some days are just awesome.

So here is the lesson I learned. On Sunday, when I was actually questioning this whole parenting thing, I could not see Monday. Isn't that life?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great perspective! Glad to see you kids are still alive!