Friday, May 30, 2008

Another Political Scandal

I don't like to talk politics with anyone outside my family. And this post is not about politics but rather a comment on our modern culture. And politics is just another way to illustrate the absurdity.

I woke up this morning and there was a political scandal. AGAIN. Someone said something that offended someone. AGAIN. And then that person immediately apologized. AGAIN.

So here is what I have learned you can say anything you want and mock anyone and cause serious division, but it is all OK if you apologize the next day. How absurd is this?

The bible says that "Out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks" (Matthew 12:34, Luke 6:45). Explain that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so with you on this one. And by the way, I hate you. But don't worry, I am going to apologize tomorrow.