Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day!

Today is Mother's Day! We had my Mom and Dad and Robbie's Mom and Dad over for lunch after church this afternoon, so that we could celebrate Mom's Day! (How nice is that, they came down here to us for their day!) And I could not help but think of how incredibly blessed we, meaning Robbie and I, are.

For one, both sets of our parents are still married. Which is an amazing thing!

But this post is about the incredibleness of my mother. Of course, I don't tell her all this stuff, because ... well, I am not sure why. But here is a little bit about my mom. My mom ALWAYS puts my needs before her own. She has always (and probably always will) encouraged me to be the best that I can be. She has never told me I was not able to do something (even though, I know she questions my sanity now and again!). There has never been a time in my life that she was not there. If I called her at 2 am right now she would drive that hour and a half trip. In fact, this past Saturday, I called her just to vent about how overwhelmed I was at that moment by everything that had to be done. And guess what, she was on my doorstep in two hours with her mop and bucket, whipping everyone into shape. My boys even nicknamed her the "witchy lady" for the day. (We'll discuss that later!) She has been my cheerleader, my encourager, my kick-butter, my shoulder to cry on, my babysitter, and on and on. She makes me crazy sometimes, but without her I would be crazy!

So, Mom, thank you! Words can not express the gratitude! I hope I can be the mom you raised me to be!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always said that kids are who they are because of their parents. You a great reflection of her in many ways. Your children will be blessed because of it.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Mothers Day to an exemplary mother.