Thursday, April 10, 2008

About last night...

Robbie has been doing a series on marriage and family. So for the past two Wednesday nights we have been teaching communication skills and resolving conflicts. Last night was about resolving conflicts. Robbie and I got up in front of everyone to illustrate how we have resolved a real conflict in our marriage. We were the test dummies. Of course this is something that has caused pain in our marriage and I am an emotional woman, so of course, I cried. I didn't blubber with snot coming out of my noise, but I did tear up and had to use tissues. I feel like I have to do a disclaimer here. I cry! It is part of my nature to cry! To me it is like laughing. It is part of who I am!

What was so comforting to me was the people who came up to me afterward, men and women, who thanked me for being so open. They were moved to see my pain displayed for all to see.

So after my post ranting about the negative comments from people, I thought I should say thank you to all the people who were gracious and grateful in their comments last night. It is people like you that help us continue in ministry!

No comments: