Monday, April 7, 2008

Birth Rate

I heard a little blurb on the news about the birth rate in the Vatican. It says that Muslims now outnumber Catholics in the Vatican, primarily because of their birthrate. The report went on to say,

"Formenti said that while the number of Catholics as a proportion of the world's population was fairly stable, the percentage of Muslims was growing because of higher birth rates."

This is alarming to me on so many levels. First off, if nothing changes we, as in Christians, will be outnumbered in a few short generations. And I do not want my future generations to be ruled over by Muslims.

We need to realize that children are a gift from God. I think western culture has been negligent in supporting this idea. We see children as another mouth to feed, instead of another disciple of Christ. Another being to be raised in a home showing devotion to God.

God says blessed is the man whose quiver is full. (Psalm 127:4-5) Do we really believe that? I think if we did we would see a lot more Christians having larger families.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen sista...