Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Great Quote and Reminder

My husband had a great quote on his blog that I have to share.

"When God sends you on a journey, he packs your bags too!"

This is such a great reminder for me. When we go on a trip, I plan in my head how to pack things and what to take sometimes a few days before we leave. I am one that likes to have everything figured out and ready so I don't forget to pack anything. I do NOT like to be unprepared. If something unexpected is going to happen then I want to be ready.

But somehow God does not work like that. He provides for us ALONG the way. He sends people into our lives to fill in the gaps. I do not think God wants us to be self-sufficient. He designed us to depend on Him. And when we depend on Him we depend on His people. And then we have room to see God work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is a really cool way to explain it! thanks! see you Thursday!