Monday, April 7, 2008

There was an old lady who lived in a shoe....

Well, it happened again the other day! Every time this happens I want to yell and scream. Someone made a comment along these lines, "That's just what you need, another baby." Not a question of how are you doing? or a comment about it being difficult. No, they interjected there ideas about my life that I did not solicit nor want. I just want to know who gave someone the right to negatively comment about the state of affairs in my household.

Look people, I only have five children. If I am not mistaken, it was only a few generations ago that five was considered average. My grandmother had 6 children and some she raised by herself after the death of her husband, and she lived until the ripe old age of 92.

I, of all people,understand the difficulties of balancing five children. Sometimes its hard. Sometimes it is fun. But it is always full of joy. Most things worth doing are difficult.

And guess what person, I probably won't stop at five. I am thinking that 15-20 has a nice ring to it! :)

No comments: